MOOCs4U is a mobile app so that anyone can access these courses on their smartphone or tablet, wherever they are. app not only helps one to find the courses they might want to study among the hundreds of courses offered by different institutions on different platforms, but also to organize them into watch-lists, signed up and completed courses.
Users of this app can review the course details such as start date, prerequisites, duration of the course and how many hours per week they have to put in, before signing up. This is very important given that most MOOC students are busy professionals or are otherwise engaged, and need to know how much time they can afford to put in the course.
The following is a link to a pre-determined keyword search on iTunes University and is self-updating. After clicking on the link, a list of articles will come up containing keywords covering the theme. Not all the articles may be relevant. Select those articles which you think are applicable to your approach to the topic. Select the pdf option for downloading or email the pdf article to yourself the email function. When emailing, please ensure that the box next to “pdf as a separate attachment” is √
These links are from the Ebsco suite of databases. Use similar keyword combinations to search the other databases.
Follow these steps to access iTunes U
If you are using a computer with a Windows or iOS operating system:
1. Download iTunes. [This is a free app, available at http://www.apple.com/za/itunes/download/]
2. Open iTunes, and go to the App Store.
3. Download and install the iTunes app [This is a free app]
4. Open iTunes U, and start accessing an excellent set of courses and academic resources. [You can browse by subject or university, or look through the featured collections and courses]
If you are using an Apple mobile device (iPod. IPad, iPhone):
1. Open the App Store, and search for iTunes U.
2. Install iTunes U.
3. Open iTunes U, and access any course you choose directly from your phone/tablet.
Take a closer look at iTunes U and see why educators are so interested and also how they are using it.
Take a look at the universities and colleges with an official presence on iTunes U.