Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Names of Partnerships Libraries
Burgersfort Public Library
Mapodile Public Library;
Partner Libraries Information
Unisa library has engaged in increasing access to information resources for Unisa students through the establishment of partnerships with public and community libraries, with the aim of enhancing physical access.
The rationale behind partnerships is to enhance learner support by providing access to some of Unisa Library services to UNISA students who currently need physical access to library and information services. Partnerships are expected to increase access to a range of library and information services in deprived remote areas including access to electronic resources.
The Polokwane Regional Branch Library has partnerships with the following public libraries: Burgersfort Public Library and Mapodile Public Library.
Services offered by Partner Libraries:
- Postal Collection requested from Pretoria
- Submit prescribed/recommended books, articles and DVDs requests to Pretoria
- Students receive sms messages from Main library acknowledging receipt
- Sms messages are sent to students when the book is delivered to partner library
- Visit partner library 3 days after receiving message to collect books
- Documents required for collection: proof of picture identification and student card/access card
- It is the responsibility of students to renew books at Main library. Public library will provide the telephone number.
- Return/drop books at partner library before the due date. Journal Articles should not be returned
- ICT Support (Hardware, ICT Applications and Internet Access)
- Unisa Library’s catalogue and online resources will be accessed
- Unisa students should abide to the time rules per PC
- No privileges to Unisa students in terms of computer usage and internet access
- If there is no database access, please contact the Branch (Polokwane Branch) & the staff will call you back
- Photocopy and Printing facilities
- Service available at partner libraries and students should pay.
- Students should not infringe the Copyright Act – copies should not exceed 10% of the book
- Study space
- Partner libraries have study space for students.
Please note: Partner libraries are not responsible for
- Call/Send out sms messages to notify students if the book(s) has arrived
- Remind students to return books
- Renew books
- Call Pretoria library on behalf of the student if there are queries
- Call the Polokwane branch library on behalf of students