What is iTunes U?
"iTunes U is a dedicated section of Apple's iTunes Music Store that features educational audio and video files from universities, museums and public media organizations for free download to PCs and mobile devices."
Go to iTunes U
Find out more:
Take a closer look at iTunes U and see why educators are interested in it and how they are using it.
How to access iTunes U
If you are using a computer with a Windows or iOS operating system:
1. Download iTunes. [This is a free app, available at http://www.apple.com/za/itunes/download/]
2. Open iTunes, and go to the App Store.
3. Download and install the iTunes app [This is a free app]
4. Open iTunes U, and start accessing an excellent set of courses and academic resources. [You can browse by subject or university, or look through the featured collections and courses]
If you are using an Apple mobile device (iPod. IPad, iPhone):
1. Open the App Store, and search for iTunes U.
2. Install iTunes U.
3. Open iTunes U, and access any course you choose directly from your phone/tablet.
Take a look at the universities and colleges with an official presence on iTunes U.
The following is a link to a pre-determined keyword search on iTunes University and is self-updating. After clicking on the link, a list of articles will come up containing keywords covering the theme. Not all the articles may be relevant. Select those articles which you think are applicable to your approach to the topic. Select the pdf option for downloading or email the pdf article to yourself the email function. When emailing, please ensure that the box next to “pdf as a separate attachment” is √
These links are from the Ebsco suite of databases. Use similar keyword combinations to search the other databases.