Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accessing eBooks on EBSCO
Access to eBook titles provided by EBSCOHOST differs from accessing eBook titles from other service providers.
The best browser to view these eBooks is Google Chrome; it does not have any reported compatibility issues.
Below are the steps on how to access eBooks on EBSCOHOST:
- Click on the provided link to access a title:
- The book will then load. If you would like to view it online, click on the PDF link. Navigate through the book by using the provided links on the left hand side.
- If you would like to download the book and view it offline, EBSCOHOST requires that you first create a personal account/register yourself by clicking on the ‘Create new Account’ link, or on the ‘Sign In’ link if you have already created an account.
- You must then complete the form (see screen capture below):
- You can then ‘checkout & download’ or take the book out for a period of two days. Please note that it will not allow you to do this if someone has already taken the book out.
- After downloading the title you will need to download and install 'Adobe Digital Editions' via the various options provided under the 'Checkout & Download' button.
- After installing 'Adobe Digital Editions' go to your Downloads folder/ the folder you have downloaded your book title to.
- Double click on the downloaded file to open it. The file name should have the words ‘URLLink’.
- Adobe Digital Editions will then require authentication. Please select the 'I want to authorize my computer without an ID' option. Click on the 'Authorize' button. Click on 'OK'
Note: You can download/checkout titles that the library has purchased multiple copies or licenses of. When downloading an ebook title and you get an error message below it means that the library has one copy or one user license for the title. The title will not allow downloading or checkout for offline viewing, but can only be viewed online to ensure that everyone has access to it at all times.
EBSCO E-Books not loading when using Firefox
EBSCO eBooks do not load when using Firefox 45.0. EBSCOHOST is currently investigating the matter.