Google Scholar is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes and provides access to scholarly literature across many disciplines. In order to be recognised by Google Scholar as being affiliated to the University of South Africa, and its subscription resources, you must change your Google Scholar preferences by doing the following:
- Once you get to Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.com) choose Settings from the top right.
- Choose the Library links option on the left.
- In the Library links search box, do a keyword search by typing either of these keywords: Unisa, Unisa Library, University of South Africa.
- Check the box for Unisa Library
- Click on the Save button
- Close and re-open your browser
You should now be able to connect to the full-text of subscribed Unisa Library resources if they are part of the results of your search. To use Google Scholar to access the Library’s full text resources from off-campus you will be required to login via the single sign on screen using your student number and myUnisa password/staff username and password.